It’s National Cupcake Week, did you know? Which gives us all a perfectly good reason to stuff our cake holes silly (no pun intended) with cakey-bakey goodness. In honour of one of those most important weeks of the year for all foodies/foodites/people who just “love a bit of CAKE”, I’ve rustled up some strawberry, nutella and white chocolate cupcakes. They’re full of sugar, chocolate and all things bad, so please don’t expect this to be a dairy-free, vegan-free, all-things-delicious-and-worth-living-for-free recipe… They are cupcakes as cupcakes should be. You’re going to need loads of strawberries, even more white chocolate and lashings and lashings of nutella. I can practically hear you all drooling (which is pretty gross, yet understandable) so here we go – my strawberry, nutella and white chocolate cupcake recipe. Happy drooling!
- 1 cup/16 tbsps self-raising flour
- 1⁄4 cup/4 tbsps cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup/ 8 tbsps unsalted butter
- 1 cup/16 tbps sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup warm milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 100g white chocolate, finely chopped
- 50-100g Nutella, depending on preference
- 12 large strawberries
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda in a large bowl. Add the salt.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time. Beat in the butter, milk and vanilla.
- Gradually stir the flour mixture into the batter, until just combined.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Chop the white chocolate into very small chunks and put to one side. Chop the strawberries into both small and large pieces.
- Once completely cooled, coat each cupcake with Nutella – as much as desired. Place the strawberry pieces onto the top of the cupcakes. With a spoon, scoop up the white chocolate and shake onto the cake.
- Finish off by drizzling some extra Nutella on the toppings.
- Serve and enjoy the best cupcakes in the world!