Happy New Year! If yesterday wasn’t the Mondayest Tuesday ever, I’ll eat my Ugg boot. Anyone else agree? For many of us, it was the first day back to work after the festive period, and back to the health grind.
Somehow (and seriously, do not ask me how) I lost nearly half a stone over Christmas. Albeit, I didn’t go mental with the chocolate and bubbly as I knew I would just regret it come January, so for that I’m thanking my December self. Seems I am able to make some sensible decisions in life… Although it still takes me half an hour to decide what to have at Starbucks.
My unexpected weight loss has given me that extra little push I needed to get into a healthier eating pattern. Half a stone isn’t that easy to lose, am I righhhtt? Towards the end of the last year, I’d become unmotivated in the gym (edit: completely absent from it), skipping meals and grabbing convenience snacks instead. As outlined in my recent post, I’ve decided that 2018 is going to be Year Of The Abs/Bootay/Whatever Else Needs A
Little Bit Lot Of Work. Starting with a rehaul of my diet.
Cue last night’s dinner – lemon chicken with runner beans, spinach, watercress, rocket, peas and feta. Wanna know how I made it? Read onnn… It’s easy peasy lemon squeezy. Quite literally.
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon garlic pepper
3/4 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons butter
Lemon slices optional
2 handfuls of rocket, spinach and watercress
100g runner beans
Crumbled feta, as desired
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees
2. Cover baking tray with tin foil and place chicken breast in it. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste
3. Gently spoon lemon juice over chicken
4. Sprinkle paprika and garlic pepper over chicken
5. Top chicken with butter
6. Place lemon slices on chicken (if desired)
7. Cook uncovered for approx. 30 minutes or until desired
8. In a saucepan, boil runner beans and peas for 8-10 mins
9. Drain and serve vegetables with chicken on plate
10. Crumble feta on top of green vegetables (if desired)