I’m not a huge breakfast fan, GASP! Let me rephrase. I’m not a huge morning fan, so naturally I find it a little hard to stomach food in the morning. That was until I met peanut butter & banana baked oats. I was getting pretty bored of shredded wheat and berries every morning, and to be quite honest it wasn’t filling me up.
TIP: In order for these to be the most banana-y they can be, use an overly ripe banana. (Anyone else unable to say that unless it’s in a Minion voice? BANANA!) But yeah. You know the ones left in the fruit basket, going black and feeling unloved. Use those babies up!
1 very ripe banana
2 large eggs
45g cup of smooth or crunchy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons honey
120ml unsweetened almond milk
170g of rolled oats
85g flour (any kind, based on preference)
Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees
- In a large bowl, mash 1 very ripe banana until liquid. Then, add in eggs, peanut butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and almond milk and mix until smooth.
- Add rolled oats, flour, baking powder, and salt, and mix until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Transfer batter into a load tin and slice a few bananas on top.
- Bake at 190 degrees for about 30-40 minutes until firm or browning at edges.